Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's happening.

Alas, another "About Me" addition to be added to Emmy's digital scrapbook:

A Wee Bit of Me

{one} what is your happiest childhood memory?
One of my happiest recurring childhood memories is that of my family and I visiting my grandma and grandpa's house every December. A huge Hermes reunion! With 20+ grandchildren and around 12 aunts and uncles, when my family gets together words cannot describe the occurrences that are bound to take place. Fortunately, the tradition continues to this day, and I can only hope that it still plays a prominent role in my future.
I also have one single memory that I will never forget. I was around 7-years-old. I walked into my kitchen from the bonus room to find my mom and dad kissing and immersed in the other's arms.
EWWWWW! is what I said.
Oh, Emmy, you naive child you.
I also really loved any happening that involved my old neighborhood crew. Any holidays, cook outs, hide and seek games, etc.

{two} what is your middle name?
Ruth.

{three} what's the habit you're most proud of breaking?
When I was in 8th grade I gave up soda/pop/Coke (however you prefer) for Lent. In the past I drank Coke as if it were my oxygen. Today I hardly ever indulge in the soft drink, and it's fantastic!

{four} what do you order when you order chinese food?
I love any type of that sort of chicken, sesame or orange and what not. Also, egg rolls and fried rice.

{five} what's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?
Records for under a buck are always welcomed and cherished.

{six} what's the best costume you've ever worn?
Last Halloween I was a "Snuggie Model." The costume came about in an unusual, last minute sort of manner.
It was Halloween day and I was failing miserably on the costume front. As I was casually shopping at the nearby grocery I came across a Snuggie display. Aha! What a great excuse to finally buy one of these things! It was great! I was able to use my arms to drink and play games WHILE staying warm and cozy at the exact same time!
Genius.

{seven} who's your favorite game show host?
I am not a huge game show watcher, but I do love me some Price is Right.
So Bob Barker.

{eight} what's your favorite breakfast food?
French toast. Or eggs. Sausage. Toast with butter and jelly. And cinnamon rolls. And breakfast burritos. And I love breakfast.

{nine} what's your least favorite word?
Flesh. alsdkjf.

{ten} describe something that happened to you for which you have no explanation. 
When I was 17 my best friend, dad, and I went to San Francisco. It was my friend and I's first trip to California and we had an absolute blast. On our way back, as we were hailing a cab to the airport from our hotel, a little boy that couldn't have been older than six walked up to me and gave me a rose. He smiled and ran shyly back to his parents. I looked at his parents in pleasant confusion. His mother simply shrugged and said, "He just wanted to give it to you."
It made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, I very much enjoyed reading this. You are such a sweet person. "Snuggie Model"? Uh..complete genius. :) The last answer totally made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete