Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Beloved Weekend.

Oh, was anyone interested as to how my birthday weekend unfolded?
Refreshing and just what the doctor ordered.

First, Eliot surprised me with some gifts:

The remainder of the weekend was spent as follows:
eating sushi
dancing
drinking wine
reading
cuddling
UT football and tailgating
spontaneous walks (through the recently discovered UT Gardens)
indulging in 3 Spoon's frozen yogurt

Of course, the fact that I was able to lay eyes on a couple of long lost friendly faces is a given.
I often wonder how the 18-year-old Emmy would have felt upon learning that her future, post graduate self would indeed eventually grow to not only love, but to actually miss the silly little town of Knoxville.
For the sake of my sanity, I hope that my next visit will be sooner rather than later- I miss it already!

8 comments:

  1. Awe. Seems like your birthday was a blast! I love the eating sushi, dancing, drinking wine, and cuddling parts. Also frozen yogurt is awesome! I assume in TN, 3Spoon's is where it's at, but in Birmingham...it's definitely Yogurt Mountain. In general though, frozen yogurt is divine! Happy birthday, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday! i'm so glad that it was such a wonderful weekend - exactly how it should be every year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...sounds like the "perfect" birthday weekend...great...you deserve it Emmy! HUGS from Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you had a good birthday.
    band of horses in itself would have made MY day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, how fun! I love birthdays now even more than I did when I was little... the just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day! Happy (belated) Birthday to you! x Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heck yeah! Cookie cakes are my jam!

    ReplyDelete