Saturday, April 13, 2013

Everything worth anything is both terrifying and beautiful.

I couldn't count my reasons for contentment in this moment. 

Very few things in life are more admirable than spontaneity. It's my running theme for 2013. Admittedly, there was a time when I would long for stability and one home and all of the things that would seemingly come with the idea of conventionality. But as I lay in bed on the cusp of this lazy Saturday, mentally walking through the whirlwind that is the past week's events, I just think...I'm fine.


Maybe I am still riding high on the fumes of newfound spring, but rarely does a day go by that I don't think about how happy I am with my decision to move to DC - even if the thought is only fleeting.

I thought I was going to write a post that outlined the week's events...about how a predictably routine five days turned into anything but...or how beautiful the cherry blossoms are this time of year, especially outside of the Jefferson Memorial at midnight...or I would write about how my boss was finally fired yesterday... and how everyone was so happy after the fact...and how sad it is that we were all so happy...or I was going to write about how I spontaneously bought a weekend plane ticket to Chicago...and how I should probably get out of bed and pack since I need to be at the airport in a couple of hours...or I was going to write about how I went to a baseball game and legitimately did not watch one inning...or how a simple happy hour turned into me walking into my apartment at midnight and finding my roommate passed out in our bathtub...or how after 7 months, I've finally met my neighbors and their names are Kingsley and Abe...or how I am very knowingly setting myself up for failure in an unrequited and nonexistent romance...or how I was woken up today by a man yelling through a loud megaphone outside my window with Soulja Boy playing in the background and I wasn't even mad...

All these things I could have written about, but I really think that my first sentence says it all. It's all that is important right now anyway. Plus, I have a plane to catch.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and wait for the time when you expand on MOST, if not ALL, of the many possibilities you COULD have written about. Can't wait to hear about your last minute trip on Saturday and by the way, the photo up there goes REALLY, REALLY well with this post!

    ReplyDelete