Friday, December 10, 2010

Daisy.

I woke to the news that our family dog of nearly 14 years passed away last night. Her name was Daisy, and she came to our family as a ray of hope during some really trying times.
I wish I had been there to say goodbye.
I feel so silly for being so sad, but I am really going to miss her. The house is going to seem so empty next time I go home.

My mom wrote a poem.

My sweet baby Daisy
My diamond in the rough
You came into our lives
When the going was tough

You barked and you played
And on your tippie toes stood
You gave us your love
And all that was good

We miss you, we love you
And please always know
You will  be in our hearts
Wherever we go!
Rest in peace, love.

3 comments:

  1. Awe...I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's completely NOT silly for being sad. I cried for a good bit when my family's first dog passed. The poem from your mom is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am so so sorry! It's not silly at all to feel sad! I can't even think about our current dog passing away without tearing up! Those guys become such a huge part of our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy and Marty and Dylan: you are all in my prayers...Daisy was a MAJOR part of your family for all these years and she will be missed! LOVE you all bunches...Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete