Sunday, September 26, 2010

This is Living.

My brief lapse in writing was a mere result of living out one of the best weekends while here at home that I have had in a long while. 
I was elated when I found out that one of my best friends from school was going to be in Nashville this weekend, and she and I along with a couple of others hit the town. Her name is Amanda and she is the insanely brilliant author behind the lovely blog, Yours Truly.
Drinks, karaoke, music, dancing- the self proclaimed "wolfpack" was reunited, and we had a blast!
Amanda also gave me a belated birthday gift as shown below.
It is a brand new journal that is constructed out of recycled materials. The front cover is a shard from an old record.
Our psychic BFF powers must have triggered into the "on" position at a certain point because she had absolutely no way of knowing that for the past couple of weeks the thought of buying a new journal has drifted in and out of my mind on frequent occasion.

Also, as this was my last weekend home before leaving for D.C., Saturday was completely devoted to the boyfriend. We had a great day! We watched football, ate dinner at my dad's house, played tag with my siblings, versed each other in air hockey and basketball, and went to the movies.
My favorite moment of the entire weekend though was undoubtedly our impromptu midnight stroll that was accompanied by his dog, Emily. The weather was cool and crisp, and the experience was bliss. But don't worry, I won't bore you with anymore of the minute details on this affair. I will save those for my new journal!

Tomorrow morning I catch my one-way flight to D.C.
Nerves have yet to kick in because I'm a bit nonchalant about the entire ordeal. In other words, I have zero expectations. I relate the forthcoming experience to two summers ago when I studied abroad. I'm apprehensive about the unknown, but am otherwise handling the situation as it comes.

Fortunately, Gibbard and crew have inadvertently helped me get through the week.
Though this isn't the new year, it does, in a sense, feel as if it is my new year. I have an array of resolutions and objectives as well as goals that I would like to reach before the end of my stay.
However, I feel that as long as I come out of this affair in December with more experience and knowledge than I had prior to coming into it, then I will consider all of it to be a real success (despite its inevitable hardships).

Brace yourself Corporate World, Emmy is about to rock you super hard!!
Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I can't wait to read about your new experiences in DC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmy: Good luck...best wishes...iloveyou!!! Can't wait to hear (and see in photo form) about all your experiences in the D of C!! HUGS from Aunt Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck!!!
    ben gibbard is good for every life situation isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Saw you over on of all the nonsense... I'm going to snoop around for a few minutes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was pretty much an amazing weekend! Best wishes in DC and don't forget to update with us! :)

    ReplyDelete